Saturday, August 25, 2007

Bali, The Philippines, Home and BRAZIL!!!

I won't be leaving Korea for another 3 months, but I'm excited that I'll soon be traveling again, and finally to another one of my dream destinations: Salvador Bahia, Brazil!

I bought the ticket 2 days ago. I'll be arriving in Bahia on January 24th, just in time to get set up before joining the carnival that kicks off a week later. My return ticket is for June 16th (just in case), but I still plan to stay in Brazil for 3 months and try to get back to the US via 2 month's travel (hopefully by boat) through the Caribbean.

I just finished my final Korean busy season, so it's smooth sailing from here on out. I celebrated no longer needing my alarm clock by checking out I & I Djangdan Sound System, my friends Kim Ban Jang's (of Windy City) and Francois's dub project in Seoul last night. Good music and good people always amount to a good time for me.

Speaking of good music, Windy City just released their third CD, Countryman's Vibration. I had an irie time at the concert/release party a few weekends ago, and I recommend picking up the CD (and not just because they thank me in the liner notes!).


Windy City, Escola Alegria, Sandra (from Bahia) and Francois (DJ Seafran) backstage

It's been a while since I've blogged... I meant to do a piece on one of my favorite nights in Korea - attending Francois and Jae Yeon's wedding. It was truly a Beautiful 8-hour experience featuring artistic photography (a slide show of the couple projected onto a building across the street) and talented musicians that began on a rooftop and ended at a cool after hours spot.



Hopefully I'll be able to do it justice with a proper write-up after I get a few more chapters under my belt, but I'm currently behind schedule on the book. So if you don't see anything here for the next 3 months, just know that I am diligently working on the book, and look forward to the photos and entries from Bali (11/30-12/28), The Philippines (12/29-1/11), Charleston (1/16-1/23) and Bahia (1/24-?) that should start appearing in December.

PS - Any links, advice, suggestions or recommendations on the above destinations will be greatly appreciated. Also, scroll down for a description of busy season and/or videos Windy City.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you will have the opportunity to visit another one of your dream destinations!

Keep going after your dreams! You are truly an inspiration to us all.

Peace
--Deleana

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home