Wednesday, April 15, 2015
- Name: Azikiwe Chandler
- Location: Charleston, South Carolina, United States
As a kid I dreamed of traveling the world, but wasn’t sure how I'd realize such dreams. As an adult I hope to encourage kids with similar aspirations and challenges. The eldest of Osei and Saadeka Chandler’s 3 children, I fell in love with international travel while studying in Rome as a junior at Notre Dame. Upon graduating, I embarked upon a life of youth leadership, community service and travel. I served 5 years with AmeriCorps-NCCC as a Team leader, Selection and Placement Officer, and Projects Director. As an Urban Youth Development Peace Corps Volunteer in Bluefields, Nicaragua I taught English, coached soccer and facilitated youth leadership initiatives. My passion for experiential learning has facilitated my fluency in Italian and Spanish, as well as taken me to 41 countries. "Light a Candle" chronicles travels to more than 30 countries on 6 continents. Please share it with youth who have big dreams, but limited resources. To find a post about a particular country, type it in the Blogger search bar in the upper left-hand corner. "Teacher" was created for an MAT class.
- College of Charleston Magazine, Summer 2014
- Man Up! - Beax Affair Rites of Passage Keynote
- Dart Library, 10.15.13 by azikiwe_chandler
- Celebrating the Life of Kamau Ibrahim Taft Chandle...
- Thoughts on the Zimmerman Verdict
- 2013 Charleston Remembrance Program
- The Year in Photos: Fall 2009 - Winter 2010
- Vietnam: 11.23.10 - 12.8.10
- Rajastan, India: 10.18.10 - 11.23.10